Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shall We Begin...

  I am 20 years young. One could say that I am the female version of an average Joe. I haven't had any traumatic experiences in my life, yet. I was never a wild child. I am not one of those naturally smart people. I am a happy medium between the over-achiever and the slacker. I am far from an athletic or musical prodigy. But, I do have morals that i cherish dearly and i try to abide by them everyday. So that, in my opinion, makes me different from the next. I may not win every battle that life throws at me, but i take every loss as a lesson. So far these losses have sculpted me to be the person that i am. However, this sculpture, for now,is a work in progress. 
 I've decided that if my life were to be written as a book, so far I'd have an intro (1st-8th grade), chapter one (high school), chapter two (tidewater community college), and chapter three (the present). 
The rest of this post would be a summary of chapter one and two (I could possibly go more into depth for each in future posts):
   
In high school, I thought 'this is real life'. I thought my relationships were the "real thing". I thought friends were forever. I thought money was a renewable resource. I thought grades were nothing but letters. I thought 'you are what you wear'. Unfortunately these thoughts soon turned into nothing but theories..false theories.
 After graduation, it seemed that i had an underlying growth of maturity. I finally had an epiphany that the world, obviously, was much bigger than I; There was other people outside of the 757 (Hampton Roads,VA), and that I had so much in store for myself. Unfortunately, after this realization, I would say it took almost a year, after high school, for me to finally move on to the next chapter in my life. During that year I have lost all contact with certain people that i truly cherished as friends. On the contrary I met one person that showed me what love really is. I've developed great work and school ethics. However, my religious ethics could still use a little more work.
In summary, I must say 2011 was one of my favorite years of my life, simply because i grew...mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment